Saturday, July 26, 2008

To the Mother


This day would earn wrath for its concealed scam,
Of planting these thorns under my unsuspecting feet,
For hiding my coat when the rains were to slam,
And turning success away, when my palms rose to greet.

Thy smile answered my knock* and eyes questioned my whine,
That wise brow that always soothed my contoured emotions,
The vessel that were tormented by the waves of the marine,
Has indeed found in the motherland, many curative lotions.

Where else could I ask tonight, this love so deep and wide?
Where else can I park this load and need nothing to pay?
In thy embrace, I hide my frame and yet have nothing to hide,
This world forever, is in need of the mother’s cradling sway.

In thy shadow my heart’s unformed stories find courage,
On thy virtuous palm, my tears are no acts of shame,
May this world that thee begot read thy unsaid message,
That it’s your winning smile that brings even the sinner to tame.

Thy winsome love is our lesson for admiration,
And thy embrace, the ocean that dissolves our gloom,
Your uncomplaining tears are a reminder of creation**,
May the Lord make this wide world worth thy womb.


* - Knock of the door

** - tears of pain during child birth

1 comment:

Chetan Rao said...

Absolutely Love this one...
More so, maybe, coz of the relevance!!!