Thursday, July 20, 2017

By The Flickering Flame of a Beauteous Night


When the fire of revelry let out her first smoke,
When I set forth in earnest without my cloak;
When guarded etiquette flashed her final smile,
When dancing shoes would paint many a tile;
When chiming glasses had intoxication in guise,
When the dancing tribe possesseth my eyes;
Whose hands I clapped, to whose humor I bent,
Through many a name my labored memory spent;
Yet what magic did it weave that I sit up and pen,

With an unexplained urge came these verses in ten.


The author finds an unexplained urge to pen these verses in a set of ten at the end of a musical night of camaraderie.  

1 comment:

Whitedevil said...

Oh,now as the unruffled magician
Swayed his wand so divine
The Stars glittered once again
Suns raised a toast to shine

Shyam