Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mother in love

Were it these tender legs that I embrace
That rocked my womb with merry kicks?
The red feet untouched by life’s dusty trace,
So blissfully unprepared for her toady tricks.

These unbiased palms that feel my teary cheeks,
The tears defining an ocean of joy,
And how do thee drive my whelming heart weak,
When thy fingers grasp mine in a telling ploy.

Thy face is to blame when I forget my way,
Thy smile is praise when I undo my pain,
Happiness caused me to beget thee, they say,
Instead, thou art the happiness that I had to gain.

Ever untouched by the seven emotions,
The seven colors fade to thy innocence’s shine,
Even more serene than the seven oceans,
May thee live in my heart and in this rhyme.

5 comments:

ayshwarya rajagopalan said...

omg!!!mindblowing srikanth..amazing is just not the word to describe this work!!!i bow to thee sire!!!

the feeling a mother has when holds her baby is explaind so well!!
cheers to u!!

srikanth said...

hey Ayshwarya. thanks. Yet, even the mother herself will not find enough words to explain it completely.
I have heard it is such a wonderful feeling.

Whitedevil said...

Great srikanth. That divine feeling which cannot be expressed found its expression in your words

Unknown said...

Too Good Sir!!!
I'm surprised to see the way the whole thing is structured and written to explain the most difficult feeling on this planet - "Mother's Love"

Preethi Simha said...

Like you said, its joy and bliss in abundance for a mother , who cannot ever explain what it feels like!!
And for you to put it down in words, something that cant be measured or explained, is outstanding...and any mother would agree that you have given such a beautiful rendering of that feeling.
Thank you!!